The amount of stress faced by youth today can seem overwhelming and can threaten their social and emotional well-being. Social and Emotional Behavioral Enrichment workshops are designed to teach children and teens, ages 10 to 15, coping skills to help better manage everyday stresses.
Workshops feature our three therapy miniature horses Graham Cracker, Tater Tot and Mocha. These equine partners assist participants in practicing social-emotional skills. Workshop activities are based on the five competencies identified by Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills and responsible decision-making.
Workshop 1: Your child will learn ways to identify emotions and implement healthy coping strategies in their day-to-day life while getting a chance to interact and are for mini- and standard-sized horses.
Workshop 2: Are your children not able to engage in as many activities due to Covid-19? Are they feeling lonely? Isolated? Come interact with a small group in a safe environment and make new friends while learning about boundaries and assertive communication.
Workshop 3: Have you ever heard of mindfulness? In a world of technology, gadgets and multi-tasking, mindfulness can help your child be more present, gain more self-confidence and engage more meaningfully. Horses are great teachers to learn these skills.
– Workshop 1: Saturday, March 13, 2021: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Workshop 2: Saturday, April 10, 2021: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Workshop 3: Saturday, May 8, 2021: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Workshop 1: Saturday, July 10, 2021: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Workshop 2: Saturday, August 14, 2021: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Workshop 3: Saturday, September 11, 2021: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
$60 per participant per workshop
$160 per participant per series – Save $20 for all three workshops!
What to Expect:
– Masks are required. Social distancing will be practiced.
– All activities are unmounted.
– Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required; no sandals, clogs or Crocs.
– Please bring a light snack and drink.
Workshops are available upon request for school groups and larger groups, up to 10 participants. These workshops may be hosted on-location or at Cincinnati Therapeutic Riding and Horsemanship. Cost varies.
Fran Rowland, Program Director